We aim to fulfill this vision through:
- Representation of Muslims in Greater Geelong through advocacy, consultation and cooperation with governments, other faith communities, service providers, the media, and the general public.
- Promotion of an accurate, informed and positive understanding of Islam, Muslims, and issues important to Muslims.
- Advocacy with respect to the civil rights of all Australians.
- Promotion of understanding, cooperation, tolerance and respect between all faiths.
- Empowerment and encouragement of the Muslim community to continue to be actively, responsibly and positively integrated into mainstream Australian society.
- Provision of special services to improve the welfare of disadvantaged groups in the Muslim community.
- Development of capacity within the Muslim community in areas of expertise to facilitate this vision.
- Facilitation of cooperation, unity, and positive working relationships within the Muslim community, and between the Muslim community and the broader community.
As part of our services we also provide facilities for Islamic worship, including Friday and Eid prayers, and a venue suitable for meetings, seminars, classes and community gatherings, at our premises.